tutor

• Last night I read some English tutor said on a newspaper that "I cut my hair" is grammatically wrong. He said it should be "I have my hair cut" or "I have a haircut". I think he's bs-ing.. What do you guys think?

• same opinion with the english tutor. lol

• I beg to differ, in fact "I cut my hair" sounds right to me too.

• It is nothing wrong.

When you said: "I cut my hair" , mean you cut your hair yourself.

When you said: "I have my hair cut" or "I have a haircut" , mean you hair is cut by somebody else.

Both are not grammatically wrong.

• 春 I couldn't have put it better myself.

• Hi xcm,

Can you check with your tutor why is grammatically wrong?

So how about " I cut my hand" Or "I have my hand cut" is correct one?

• ss replied at 2014-07-23 3:02 pm

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi xcm,

===============================================================

No, it's not my tutor. I just read it from the newspaper somewhere. I think the tutor is wrong. I think there's no problem with "I cut my hair".

• xcm replied at 2014-07-23 4:40 pm

ss replied at 2014-07-23 3:02 pm

Hi xcm,

No, it's not my tutor. I just read it from the newspaper somewhere. I think the tutor is wrong. I think there's no problem with "I cut my hair".

Yes, there is no problem with "I cut my hair", if you cut you hair by yourself.

• I found it funny to read the above from the relationship board, which is totally irrelevant ~

Of course, we are free to chat whatever we want :)

• GiGi said in tutor:

I found it funny to read the above from the relationship board, which is totally irrelevant ~

Of course, we are free to chat whatever we want :)
    To get a really high score, you must understand all question variants and also how to avoid all the traps that most candidates fall into.

We recommend putting in effort to ensure that you pass the test with the highest score you can achieve. Give yourself the competitive edge you need to get a job offer quickly.

• I recently decided to go to Oxbridge upon graduation. I know that it is quite difficult to get in and almost impossible to do without some knowledge. That's why I'm going to sign up for a pat testing course online with professors from https://oxbridgemind.co.uk/pat-online-course/ . I heard from reviews that the teaching here is just perfect and without any difficulties. I hope I can help someone with this answer!