Quotes & Thoughts

• in French it says "Vouloir, c'est pouvoir. and in English might be stated as "Where there's a will, there's a way."

• Think positive. It doesn't necessary mean success, but think positive anyway

• A few years ago I bought an e-reader but it was not very user-friendly: Sometimes it reset the last page I read. I was checking a model from Sony but it was not officially available in Hong Kong and now the whole product line is discontinued :p. I just check the specification of the kindle but I don't like any device does not support external storage. So I just download the kindle app and a few free ebooks. It should be useful when waiting for the bus LOL

• you going to read the ebook on your mobile phone? the screen is too small for my iPhone 5s perhaps.

• Just downloaded a free ebook called "How to Speak and Write Correctly" which is about basic English grammar. I'm using a 4.7" Android. Yes, the screen is still relatively small but there are no good solutions. I tried using tablet but I never take out from my bag when waiting for buses.

• Many years ago before we have 3G, I used to synchronize the news feed into my palm OS device and read offline. I wonder if the screen is less than 2" LOL

• life is full of gadgets these day..I have a iPad mini with me when travelling,stored some ebooks,audio books and pdf files. But have never finish one of them and update regularly.

• A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cure for anything.

• I guess those are simply not interesting enough to let you finish them LOL.
    <br>
    <br>I have bought the book "October Sky" and tried to read a few times but the first few pages are simply too boring. I'm now reading my e-mails. I have subscribed some websites to send me news/information. Whenever I skip reading for a few days there will be a lot of e-mails to clear. I still have 91 pages in my hotmail account LOL
    <br>

• A long sleep and then some exercises will be better :)

• A vacation is even better :)

• What kinds of things do you need to cure?

• Laughter is an instant vacation...lol..My work is like my vacation, so in a way every day is like Saturday.(I wish this is true) a long vacation which is good. have you try any working holiday?

• hm..fear,fear of loneliness,fear of unknown ...

• Never heard of working holiday until it is too late. Anyway I don't think I am very interested in that and I don't think I can let my parents worrying about me for so long. This year I planned to go to Copenhagen to take some photos :)
    <br>
    <br>It's good to smile and laugh, and I think it will be even better if some meaningful messages or insight can be conveyed to you as well.
    <br>
    <br>I can understand fear of loneliness, but why do you fear of unknown when you are living in a developed country/city?
    <br>

• In a way, fear of loneliness means that you still have hope and so you should not fear about it LOL

• have you ever think about your life is being determined,It is really no one know about what future is. Its not so special about we are here, it is very special about you are here, you could possibly make some change about life is what I being educated for whole life...but this kind of aspiration wiping out as times goes by..
    <br>
    <br>So what so special about Copenhagen make you want to visit it?fairytale?

• I do not want to admit that my life is already determined, but God tells me my life is blah blah blah, I can kill myself to break the fortune telling.
    <br>
    <br>Nobody knows about future, isn't that the normal scenario? I don't know much about you, I think challenge may happen after death and so I haven't given up some crazy thoughts completely yet LOL.
    <br>
    <br>If you have some kind of inspiration why don't you start it yourself?
    <br>
    <br>It should be a safe place to take some photos where i think I won't meet too many Chinese. Have you ever been to a place where no friends or colleagues are around and you look up the sky and wonder what on earth am i doing here?
    <br>

• What I can do in this forum is to google some e-mail and tell people to stop messy relationships LOL

• What kind of changes are in your mind? As big as revolution? Even as simple as a smile can change somebody when they are in desperate.

• I am pretty sure you can't avoid those Chinese anywhere as my experience told me.
    <br>But its pretty cool experience you can look up the sky and spot the differences between your homeland and aboard. Your words just refresh my memory a movie called 在世界中心呼喚愛. lol..somewhat...
    <br>
    <br>By the way, you have unpleasant experience in relationship or in this forum?

• anything basically, as big as Margaret Thatcher and Angela Merkel, as tiny as to greet your neighbour everyday.

• You can always donate some money to help to raise some kids in developing countries. I think you can write to them and they can write to you. You can always do some voluntary work even as simple as selling flags on Saturdays (and eat some lemons :p) Okay I know you maybe not have time because of your job nature.
    <br>
    <br>Anyway what are keeping you from changing people's lives? Why are you not satisfied? What else are you seeking? I do not understand.
    <br>
    <br>The feeling that I am standing in a place where almost nobody knows me is kind of interesting LOL.
    <br>
    <br>I'm not sure if I will call it unpleasant experience.

• Sounds like you are more interesting than I expect :)

• Seems more accurate to say "Sounds like you are more interesting than I can imagine".
    <br>
    <br>Any voluntary activity organized your company? I'm a bit lazy and so I just join my company voluntary activities which is not frequently held. It's not you helping them; they are the one helping you to think more about yourself.
    <br>

• It certainly raised a lot of questions for me. self-esteem: social cure-all or recipe for narcissism?I remember your word for better world.That is.At their core, are humans bestial and sinful or inherently decent? but it raise another question does high self-esteem help us unlock our true potential or simply inflate our egos out of all proportion?

• yes, my company has plenty of voluntary works..

• Time to sleep now. Hope there will be more insight from you.

• ta ta.

• Whether it is sinful or not, in a way, does it matter? Of course it matters when we are looking for a correct solution. But I guess one point is that we do not give up even if we are born to be bad.
    <br>
    <br>Self-esteem? I guess anything too much is not good. We always need a balance for most thing if not all.

• Really go to sleep now :p

• The past is behind,
    <br>Learn from it.
    <br>
    <br>The future is ahead,
    <br>Prepare for it.
    <br>
    <br>The present is here,
    <br>Live it.....

• Learn from other people as well

• No idea what president ma is doing. Is he too old now?

• "I’m not dismissing the value of higher education; I’m simply saying it comes at the expense of experience."
    <br>
    <br>~ steve jobs

• poor steve is dead
    <br>long live sxxkerberg?
    <br>wkakakaka..................

• "How does somebody know what they want if they haven’t even seen it?"

• maybe, it's the unknown-able that make us strive?

• Once you found what you wanted then you realized you want something else.

• tether, a good motto last forever

• chance, how do you know you really want something for seeing it for 10 seconds, 10 minutes, or 10 hours?

• greedy in essence, generous in practical.lol

• And perfection in spiritual?

• Energetic in physical, delicated in mental?

• Marilyn replied at 2014-03-24 12:11 pm
    <br>---------------------------------------------------------------
    <br>Once you found what you wanted then you realized you want something else.
    <br>===============================================================
    <br>
    <br>that's true sometimes. life can be a long search in vain. lol

• c
    <br>i dont think the value of higher education does not comes in the expenses of experience.
    <br>education by itself is already an learning of wisdom and experiences from our predecessors. or perhaps not? lol

• c
    <br>long search in vain are good too, it could lead our future generations not to take these routes in their life path . lol

• typo
    <br>i dont think the value of higher education comes at the expenses of experience*

• Studying a research degree is still a kind of experience, although not the same as working experience or running a business

• How about people are born neither good nor bad but just like a piece of paper? How about some people are born a little bit bad and some are less bad?
    <br>