Starry, starry night

• Starry, starry night<br />Paint your palette blue and grey<br />Look out on a summer's day<br />With eyes that know the darkness in my soul<br />Shadows on the hills<br />Sketch the trees and daffodils<br />Catch the breeze and the winter chills<br />In colours on the snowy linen land<br /><br />Now I understand<br />What you tried to say to me<br />And how you suffered for your sanity<br />And how you tried to set them free<br />They would not listen<br />They did not know how<br />Perhaps they'll listen now<br /><br />Starry, starry night<br />Flaming flowers that brightly blaze<br />Swirling clouds and violet haze<br />Reflect in Vincent's eyes of china blue<br />Colours changing hue<br />Morning fields of amber grain<br />Weathered faces lined in pain<br />Are soothed beneath the artists' loving hand<br /><br />Now I understand<br />What you tried to say to me<br />And how you suffered for your sanity<br />And how you tried to set them free<br />They would not listen<br />They did not know how<br />Perhaps they'll listen now<br /><br />For they could not love you<br />But still your love was true<br />And when no hope was left inside<br />On that starry, starry night<br />You took your life as lovers often do<br />But I could have told you Vincent<br />This world was never meant for one as beautiful as you<br /><br />Like the strangers that you've met<br />The ragged men in ragged clothes<br />The silver thorn of bloody rose<br />Lie crushed and broken on the virgin snow<br /><br />Now I think I know<br />What you tried to say to me<br />And how you suffered for your sanity<br />And how you tried to set them free<br />They would not listen<br />They're not listening still<br />Perhaps they never will...

• this is a song ??

• yes, by Dib McLean

• Are you Vincent Van Gogh?

• i would say, i love this song

• me 2