(New & orginal) any decent man care to chat. was killed by she? :(

• i don't think any agency doing real business would reply that way, at least not within a few minutes... that's why it's free

but i don't think u'd try those who need u to pay first

• Lily, I am not comfortable with the kind that needs to pay first. I actually think because the agency would want me to agree to a date so they can charge me, the reply mail may be telling the truth.

Anyway, it was just for a laugh. Don't take it too seriously.

seller, I think talking about making money is vulgar, but that's what 生意人 talks about all the time...

• fm

生意人 should hv the eq not to talk about money on a date gwa?

• Any house warming party for the new thread?

• bd

welcome back

is that enough? hahahahaha............

• popping a bottle of champagne

• gotta split guys

hv a nice eve

• fama, business men or not have nothing to do with being money-minded, i'd think non-business men either don't have chance/guts/capital/ability/aspiration to do business, there are good businessmen with a vision too...

so don't rule out business men

• Lily, I know you do business, but I have deep-rooted prejudice against businessman and will never consider one as my lifetime partner. It's just impossible.

I don't like people who have a vision or are very driven. They exhaust me. I prefer someone who is a little lazy, a little sloppy, who has passion for a hobby or two, who is a professional and earns a living practising that profession (not just doctor, lawyer, but also include, say, photographer, painter, musician, etc.). And that person has to be a dog-lover.

• i hear u.

• Hello thread.

I am going to cut my hair short...

• yes, it's almost time for me to have a hair cut.

i got my puppy a fresh new cut last week (i had to get outside help cos she is too nervous), and she is like born-again with the new look.... more boyish looking and energetic.

• maze, your schnauzer would definitely look better after professional grooming.

Fa won't get her hair-cut till after the Dragon Boat Festival.

I trimmed her fur very short last year and it made the swimming season much more easier for me so I have decided to keep up with the practise. But I insist on adhereing to traditional Chinese wisdom that winter is not officially over until the dragon boat drum sounds. So she won't get her hair trim till after mid June this year.

• hello new thread!

fm

u r biased towards business man but...how about retired business man? ^^

• hi guys

fm

how short are u gonna cut your hair? dont tell me that u're going for a crew cut. lol

• mik

how to kill all your free time? do u hv an hobby or two? :)

• Mikhail, retired because of old age, or retired because he found something more interesting to do for a living such as drawing comics?

I really don't mind business men as friends or casual dates. But as a lifetime partner, I prefer someone on a salary and has day offs.

My ex husband is an engineer running his own company with two other partners. There's really nothing vulgar about his business and he doesn't talk about money. But his mind never turns off, and he just didn't have those happy moments common to salary earners such as long weekends, public holidays, and an occasional sick leave...

• sell

ja, ich bin moving around the world ;P

• And in recent years, all my happy, relaxed moments are associated with waking up feeling edgy so call in sick and take my dogs to sit by the sea.

• Like today, I am taking the afternoon off to have long lunch and then sit in a salon... XD

seller, will be quite short, but not a crew.

Bye thread.

• fm

will it be okay if his business is in veterinary? then he can share his hobby and profession with you :)

actually for myself, i love to own a farm with cattles and sheeps and waking up every morning with the fresh air and smell.

• Good afternoon gang!

Nony is starting to lose his baby fur. I've never seen my helper working so hard on vacuuming and dusting. I can't imagine giving him a haircut by myself! I can't even cut his nails without my husband's help.

• bye bye fm and hello niche! :)

• mik

i guess, owing an farm is high maintence, if u dont like to work on the farm yourself?

• niche

u can bring nony's to those pet shop. they would do all those work for u.

• sell

haven't u been to ur schoolmate's farm when u were in boarding school? i don't mind working on the farm at all, its good exercise and relaxing. its just a plan i want to materialize in china when i got enough money.

• mik

i do enjoy the atmosphere of a farm, but i dont like to do all those farming work. :)

hope your dream will come true!

• n my boarding school was in a huge farm, i dont need to visit my schoolmates farm.

• sell

thanks! i'll dream on it. it's half four in the morning here, good night!

• seller,

Yeah, I know, but Nony hasn't completed his first round of vaccines yet, until then, I try not to bring him to places with a lot of dogs.

• mik

would u let us visit your farm when u own one? :)

• niche

icic.......have fun with your dog! :)

• sell

we should hv a party with all the guests from here, hahaha

• yeah fama, running a business needs devotion and commitment, once u are in, hard to not hands on. Fortunately i'm a bit better off, i just let the salesgirls doing the job and i can slack if i want to

• doing a hobby farm is ok, as you don't need to make a living off it...

• why am i always sneezing like crazy? :(

• someone is gossiping about you behind your back lor.... hahaha

• maze

someone hate me that much? hahahahaha..........

• seller,

god knows how many enemies you have out there.... haha

• niche, the nail-cutting, if you keep doing it, both you and Nony will get used to it, no problem at all. Actually when you start to take him out for walks, the walking and running will help keeping the nails short and won't need frequent cutting.

You will need to trim the fur between his paw pads sometimes too. And check and wash his ears.

Professional grooming can do all of these for you, but grooming your dog is an important bonding tool which, from my perspective, should not be seconded to outside hands unless absolutely necessary. Grooming strengthens your alpha status, and allow you a chance to feel around your dog carefully, which to the dog feels akin to a massage.

Fa usually fall asleep with head resting on my lap during these grooming sessions. Tyler also do fairly well and can manage to stay calm and unmoving. I usually reward them with prolonged belly rubs afterwards.

• FM,

Thank you so much for your advice, I didn't know grooming can strengthen my alpha status. ^^ I thought he was treating me like ah 4 when I groomed him.

The only grooming that I do everyday is brushing his fur, which he quite enjoys. I know I should clean his ears more often, but that also requires help from his leader. You're right, the nails don't need to be trimmed frequently, but I didn't know I have to trim his hair between his paw pads. I do clean his paw pads, I can't stand the dirt that's trapped between his toes.

I notice the goldens around my neighborhood are always 懶洋洋 when they walk, I hope Nony can become as calm as them one day.

• FM,

Do you like your new hairdo?

• hi guys

nice lunch?

• niche, goldens usually calm down when they are older, and eventually stop moving and sleep a lot. By then you'd miss the time when they are young and running around endlessly. It's the way it is. Enjoy while it lasts. :-)

Brushing his fur daily is GOOD. Very good indeed. Feel around him while you brush for any lump or sore areas. This helps identifying health problems at an early stage.

The hair between paw pads will grow quite long and hinder the skid-prevention function of the pads, so it needs to be trimmed. Otherwise the dog will skid and fall (and may get hurt) when the ground is wet or slippery. Goldens frequently come with genetical inherited weakness in the hip joints. Falling is not good.

You only need to trim the hair between paw pads so that it's not longer than the thickness of the paw pads. DO NOT trim excessively because the hair also protects paw pads from rubbing against each other and against the ground. Shape the paws by the hair trim so they're round and fluffy. You can let professional groomer show you how to do it once.

My new hair-do is great. I like it very much. :-)

• Hello seller. Very full and falling asleep here.

• playing fetch and watching my puppy skid and slide on the parquet floor is so much fun... 

but now with her palm fur all trimmed back, she can run so fast and turn and stop on a dime...

• maze, puppies are so much fun... When they are not destroying things that is.

Ewww... I miss my dogs already.

• Hi folks, I was told by she.com this morning that the old thread had been revived, where is it?

• I pushed the old thread, but should we just keep the new one? Less pages..

• riche,

it did.... thanks to you??