What kind of restaurant will you choose for the first meeting with nf?

• I would prefer a proper restuarant ... but not 茶餐廳 or fast food restaurants which have people standing behind you to 等位。

Last time when my nf asked me out for dinner (first time meeting), I suggested to have dinner in a proper restaurant around the place we would meet. Actually, that restaurant isn't expensive (around HK$100 per person). But he said that restaurant wasn't nice and suggested to have dinner at a fast-food type restaurant.

I just don't know what he was thinking. Isn't it a bit unpleasant to meet a nf for the first time but have ppl standing behind you to 等位?

• 每個都唔同嫁喎.

我就食咩都無所謂, 但唔好食太貴囉.

• 咁100蚊餐飯有人會覺得貴既...

又或者佢覺得你唔值得佢俾咁多錢請食飯(雖然你未必要佢請)

• m&m,

I only take my nf to a nice restaurant for our first meeting and I always pay for the meal. I don't know about the others so won't comment on their behaviour and preference.

• m&m,

May be he wanna to pay for the meal but he was not that rich, so he chose a cheaper fast food shop! Go to read read 飲食男女 la...

• I also go to fast-food restaurants ... but for the first time meeting a frd, I would prefer a better place which is more comfortable to stay longer and to have a nice chat.

I guess, although he is not rich, he should be able to afford a dinner for $100 each. I think it's because he hasn't met me before and therefore he doesn't know whether I worth it or not.

• haha, meeting a girl not worth $100???!! so strange...

If you want to dine at a quiet restaurant that can sit longer, try try Macro at Jordan (Woosung st.). Lighting is dimmed, with guitar player sometimes, around HK$200-300 each for set meal.

However, food quality is only so so....

• 其實版主係女仔?

• m&m

每個人價值觀都唔同,有時唔係俾唔俾得起既問題,係會唔會俾呢個價錢係呢件事上

有d人就算搵錢唔少,都唔願洗錢的

同埋呢,揀餐廳都反映生活品味

• m&m,

If you prefer to have lunch or dinner at SEVVA, you can leave me your e-mail and I will invite you to go there.

• 如果周圍唔係好嘈雜、好多人企後面等,我覺得快餐店無問題

或者佢比較喜歡食快餐店既野

有時去d環境好少少既食店,食既野同快餐店差不多,但貴一倍有多,似乎唔係太值

如果佢只係當你係普通朋友看待,就算係第一次見,好似同自己既朋友約會咁,無必要刻意去特別餐廳

去快餐店個感覺反而黎得自然

• FSFS said in What kind of restaurant will you choose for the first meeting with nf?:

m&m,

May be he wanna to pay for the meal but he was not that rich, so he chose a cheaper fast food shop!

To be honest, fast food does not mean McDonald's or so.. There are wonderful chain restaurants that cook quickly and have a standard menu..I love grill bars..It's delicious and has a nice interior. By the way.. In places like this you will never wait long. That's a huge plus..

• Yes, the grill menu is a good combination for both lunch and a friendly meeting. It seems to me that this is what makes the restaurant franchise attractive. I often visit such places and I'm already used to booking a table. There are always those who wish, even on weekdays. But some girls refuse to go on dates in such democratic places)) Have you come across this?