Need ur advice: delivery baby in HK or Vancouver, Canada?

• I am thinking to deliver the baby either in HK or in Canada, anyone has such experience? what are the advantages and disvantages? Pls give some advices. Thanks.

• one more question: is pregnant women allow to enter Canada?

• Miawong,
    <br>I have the same question. I also want to deliver baby in Vancouver however, I am not sure if this is illegal if I and my husband are not resident.

• if u are not citizen there...why give birth there? u act like those mainland woman come to hong kong to give birth!!!! the only difference is....maybe u'll pay the full fee...but who cares?

• Hi MooMooFarm, there are pros and cons of labouring the B in Canada. What is your reasons of making such decision?
    <br>
    <br>My major concerns are 1) the cost 2) whether the B will have both Canadian and HK citizenship? 3) whether the B can enter China freely in the future
    <br>
    <br>Do you have any idea?

• Since my husband studied secondary school and U in Vancouver and we went to Vancouver almost every year, we loved that city and we planned to immigrate there. However, both I and my husband have a good job in HK and good salary, that's why we are still staying in HK. I understand that if the B is born in Vancouver, he/she can earn residence there however, no HK birth certificate then and cannot enter China freely at the first seven years until you proved the B stays in HK seven years to claim for residence. My 99 also claims many of her friends daughter in law gave birth in Van but I am not sure this is really good. I also want to know more about that.

• hi Miawong & MooMooFarm
    <br>
    <br>I have consider to deliver B in Van since my parents live there. Besides the costs, maternity leave is my concern. It's only 10 weeks. If you're obviously pregnant women, they might not allow you to get onboard or enter the country. And I know think it's a good idea to let a new born baby travel such long freight. How can you have it done with that 10 weeks then? or no pay leave to stay longer after give birth?
    <br>
    <br>

• I think the maternity leave is no problem if it's good to deliver the B in Canada. sometimes we need to sacrifice sth.
    <br>
    <br>citizenship is one major problem. For me, I think it's good for B if he/she will study there in the future cos education fee is lower for citizens. But the future world belongs to China for at least next 50 years, so it's important for him to be able to enter HK and China freely. I've asked immgration department but they cannot answer concretely.
    <br>
    <br>

• MooMooFarm, when is your due date? Mine is early Oct.

• Jenny, since your parents are living there and you are considering that, can you ask them to check for you? That will help us a lot. I am also getting freinds there to check.

• If you and your husband are HK citizen, then your son born in Canada is HK citizen too. You don't need to wait 7 years. And he can travel to China freely.
    <br>
    <br>Unless parernts are not HK citizen then your son need to wait 7 years
    <br>
    <br>Please look at Question 1 at the following link
    <br>http:// www.immd.gov.hk /chtml/ faq_roaihksar.htm
    <br>

• ericwong, my colleague's daughters were born in Australia (both parents are HK citizens) and they need to apply for visa to go to China when they were below 7.
    <br>
    <br>miawong, I agreed with you, I and my husband both think the cost of education is much lower in Canada for citizen. We also believe in Canada education, esp my husband. The education system in HK is so hard to the child. But do you or your husband is Canadian?
    <br>
    <br>Jenny, my due date is mid Dec.

• my uncle's son was born in Canada. His son can go to China before 7 wor. He can apply for "back home card"
    <br>
    <br>Here is the website:
    <br>http://www.ctshk.com/zhengjian/faq.htm
    <br>
    <br>香港永久性居民在外國所生的子女如何申領回鄉卡?
    <br>
    <br>答:父或母為 香港永久性居民在外國所生子女,申請時須 交驗香港永久性居民身份證、出世紙、 首次抵港定居的旅遊證件(如持外國護照抵港的,還須提交有效的香港特區護照或其他中國國籍證明文件) 和 父母其中一方香港身份證 正本 及複印本。

• http://w w w.immd.gov.hk/chtml/faq_roaihksar.htm
    <br>
    <br>根 據 在 一 九 九 七 年 七 月 一 日 起 實 施 的 入 境 條 例 附 表 1 第 二 段 , 任 何 人 士 如 屬 以下 任 何 一 項 , 即 爲 香 港 特 別 行 政 區 永 久 性 居 民 並 享 有 香 港 特 別 行 政 區 的 居 留 權 :
    <br>
    <br>(a) 在 香 港 特 別 行 政 區 成 立 以 前 或 以 後 在 香 港 出 生 的 中 國 公 民 。
    <br>
    <br>(b) 在 香 港 特 別 行 政 區 成 立 以 前 或 以 後 通 常 居 於 香 港 連 續 7 年 或 以 上 的 中 國 公 民 。
    <br>
    <br>(c) 中 國 公 民 在 香 港 特 別 行 政 區 成 立 以 前 或 以 後 在 香 港 以 外 所 生 的 中 國 籍 子 女 , 而 在 該 子 女 出 生 時 , 該 中 國 公 民 是 符 合 (a) 或 (b) 項 規 定 的 人 。
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>

• (c) 中 國 公 民 在 香 港 特 別 行 政 區 成 立 以 前 或 以 後 在 香 港 以 外 所 生 的 中 國 籍 子 女 , 而 在 該 子 女 出 生 時 , 該 中 國 公 民 是 符 合 (a) 或 (b) 項 規 定 的 人 。
    <br>
    <br>咁咪即係父母係香港人(符合a,b) ,個仔都係香港人 (符合c) ?
    <br>咁咪可以返大陸?
    <br>有冇人可以確認?

• MooMooFarm, where are you?

• Hi angel, I am here, I have no idea about the citizenship at all. I think it will not be a big problem to the child if both parents are HK citizen.

• 你地打算係Vancouver邊間醫院生呀??我想作為參考!!唔該!!

• 有無姊妹係Vancouver生呀 !! 我想作為參考!唔該!

• as long as u deliver the baby in vancouver, the baby will have the canadian citizenship for sure!! and the baby will have the HK citizenship of HK as well since the parents are HK citizen! so.. don't worry!