人在美國

• it's hak fok sheung fung so

i have that in office

• bluegirl,

of course not. i won't go there anymore unless my sis-in-law and her husband also go (they dont go back so often).

btw... did i tell u they called my cell phone this morning? they're so crazy. they just wanted to ask if their beloved son has landed yet (he took a short flight for a business trip). sigh... if he's landed, he would have turned on his phone la. i really dont know why they're so nervous lor. their son always goes on business trips ga la. u know... every time it's like that... they keep calling their son to ask if he's landed for EVERY FLIGHT. din ga! and then if he didnt ans, they'd call me lor. and then also check on me. so after a few months, i won't answer their stupid calls la.

u know sometimes, they just embarass their son by doing so. u know he's not a kid and sometimes he's with his co-workers ga ma. sigh...

that's why they don't like their daughter/sons' other halves lor. they think that we stole their sons/daughter! and if they can, they really wanna follow them everywhere... chi chi dei ga!

• btw... hak fok sheung fung so doesnt work for me too. when i was in HK, i used to take that pill called 'tuk lei tung' (it's in a red box)... i think that one's made in the UK. it does make me feel sleepy but it works great. i dont know if u can buy it here though.

• they're really doing too much

dunno why...your husband can tolerate that...

he's lucky....u still marry him

hahaha..

• I guess bcoz I've been here for so long, those Chinese medicine doesn't work well for me anymore, hahaha...

• yogi

r u working now?

i can't believe it....our flloor has no hot water....

i went wash my cup

all my fingers are freezing now.

• bluegirl,

yes ar... if it's my parents, i won't answer their call or would yell at them. but my husband is a really good son. u know his brother and sister dont normally answer their calls. so they also won't call them as much. it's just my husband is so nice to them...

last time, i also told him he doesnt have to answer their 'mo liu' calls if he's busy or what. he's just too kind to them and that means he encouraged them to do that. at 1st, i thought he's a 'how suen' son, which is good cuz that means he'd treat me good too (basically he treats me quite good now).

BUT the problem now is it's more than 'how suen', he's just manipulated by them. they think that their son (of course his wife too) has to listen to whatever unreasonable they said. shxt his parents are crazy! they think i'll listen to their 'stupid' theories?

it's just them to push every one away from them...

• i guess they're just too mo liu...

they retire , right?

nothing to do..except to call his sons/daughter.....

• Hi SS,

I totally understand your situation... my mother-in-law calls my ex-husband (we were separated 1 1/2 years ago) 2-3 times a day... once in the morning, once in the afternoon, and once at night...

The bad thing is that we used to live in the same Condo complex, just different units... and as soon as we parked our car, by time we walked into the house, the phone will ring... that's bcoz she keeps "spying" on us... every move we make...

Now that I have moved out, my son lives with my ex, and everytime when I go see my son, the phone will ring around 8pm... sometime when I answer the phone, my mother-in-law will tell me she's looking for my son... but I know she just wants to see who's home and who's not... so nosie!!!

I'm glad I have moved out... all I'm hoping now is that my ex will sign the divorce papers so I can move on with my life...

• bluegirl,

yes, I am working, but I'm in training all week this week, so I can go online, otherwise, the company policy won't let us go online during work hour....

gotta go now... nite

• yogi,

oh no... i think your mother-in-law is even worse. but i'm afraid my in-laws will be the same later. cuz they're retired and they've nth to do...

and yes... your in-laws lived in the same buliding... so it's worse. now even we live soooooooooo far away (i live in San Jose and they live in SF), they still try to involve in our lives... i can just imagine if i live close to them, they'll go to my house to check too.

so yogi, do you think you and your ex-husband's divorce has anything to do with your mother-in-law?

• sigh... they called me again!!! what the fxxk!!! their son will call them if he arrives... and they always think that east coast is so snowy that he'll be in danger or what... come on! they're driving me crazy! and their son just arrived. can't they give us a break?

i just told their son to ask his mom to call his company and tell them 'my son can't go there, it's too dangerous for him'

damn!

• ahna,

btw...i'm here for around 7 months now. I lived in HK before. How about u? did you just move here?

by SS - 01/16/07 05:11

Hi SS,

I was also lived in HK b4. And similar with your situation, i came US because my hubby is here.

• Good morning everybody~

SS,

my separation has nothing to do with my in-laws... my ex husband was the major issue... he has very bad temper and when he gets mad at me, he would gives me the "silence treatment" and not talk to me for days... and I would have absolute no idea why he got mad at me... trust me, I don't like verbal arguement, but the silence treatment is just as bad... it's a emotional touture...

• hi....

• so, after 7 years of living a unhappy marriage life, I asked myself; do I want to life unhappily ever after? or do I want to breakthrough and re-live my life again and try to make things better for myself?"

so, here I am... living happily again without him...

• ...silence...

yea...i hate that too....

yes, i dont' mean like to argue...

but ..at least.....give me try to talk to me..or tell me what u think...

hm....

• bluegirl,

at the beginning, I tried to talk to him and asked him what happened, but he'd say is "I forgot", "I don't wanna talk about it", or "you should know what you've done"... it was like pulling teeth trying to communicate with him...

now, I know better only to date a guy who would share his thoughts and feelings... communication plays a huge part in a relationship....

• bluegirl,

at the beginning, I tried to talk to him and asked him what happened, but he'd say is "I forgot", "I don't wanna talk about it", or "you should know what you've done"... it was like pulling teeth trying to communicate with him...

now, I know better only to date a guy who would share his thoughts and feelings... communication plays a huge part in a relationship....

• good morning all!

ahna ,

oh can't believe i found another person with the same situation. so did u come here with the k-3/marriage-based visa? thats better.

anyways, hope i can see you here more often.

yogi,

yes that's really a torture to you. its good that you've left him now. i also dont like guys who always loses temper by saying nothing for days... thats not so good as you dont have communication with him.

bluegirl,

tell u what, my bin tai 99 called me 3 times yesterday ar! i didnt answer any one of her calls... i think that she's sick.

• SS,

my in-law is actually really good. when we were still married, she used to come to our condo in the morning, wake up my son, feed him breakfast and help him dress for school. Then she'll do our dishes from the night before, and clean our house (kitchen & bathroom) for us while we're at work. She will sometime make soup for us or prepare dinner for us. Her only problem is, she is too bored, so she wants to mind everybody's business. She doesn't drive so she can't go out, all she does is talk on the phone with her sisters all day and gossip about other people. She even talk shxt about her sister's kids in front of us... that is hella annoying to me.

Now that I've separated from her husband, but bcuz we have a son together, I see them all the time, and whenever I see her, she is really nice to me, and she is a wonderful grandma to my son. But sometime, I think she over cared for my son. My son is 8 and she still feeds him when he eats!!! He will never grow up as long as grandma is around...

but yeah, I understand what you mean when you said she calls all the time coz she used to do that to us, especially during dinner time... she'd call just to ask "have you had your dinner yet", or she would call 10 at night and ask "are you going to bed anytime soon".... I'm glad I don't have to answer those calls anymore...

• yogi,

yes your in-law seems to be nice. but the fact that she cares too much about your son is also a problem. he really has to grow up. so did u try to tell her that she can let him try to eat by himself? well, thats what the typical grandmas do in HK too.

for my in-laws, they still care about their son too much and he's not young anymore! i think they have to let go. they just always worried about their son and keep calling. of course like your in-law, they're too bored too. but my father-in-law does know how to drive and in SF, they can actually take the bus too. but it's just they dont wanna go anywhere! and they dont wanna meet their brothers who also live in SF and have gatherings all the time.... they just like to stuck at home and worry about this and that (esp after watching news). and the worst is that they think that they know everything and wanna involve and give opinions all the time... i can't stand it.

• just sleep....

• ay...life is bored

• hello everyone.

hmm...poor girls. after all that, my case is not that bad at all.

• bluegirl,

sigh.. that's life.

it will be a long day to me. i have to go to class after work...

• oh...class

....hm...anyone interests going to the gym with me after work?

...... my co worker told me a gym in Daly City, it's called West Fitness or fitness West, i don't remember....

i want to play racket ball and swim there....

• not me la. i used to live in daly city but not anymore lu.

• i don't live in daly city too...

the membership fee , montly is $90.

kind of expensive..

but i dont' want to go 24fitness -_--

• wow $90/mo

i tried the hot yoga for a month. i like it but too costly for the monthly fee.

• oh..hot yoga...

yoga....hahaha..i'll break my bone...

kakakaka

i want to swim... and i like it...becoz it exercises all muscles..

hey, do u keep many snacks in your drawer?

• i was. but try to replenish once I finished them

• now is only tea bag in my drawer.

• so sleepy ar......

• i was buying something online..

• ahna ,

oh can't believe i found another person with the same situation. so did u come here with the k-3/marriage-based visa? thats better.

anyways, hope i can see you here more often.

Hi SS,

I came to US by B2 (tourist visa) and change my status in here. So now, i have to wait for the Immigration's approval.

• bluegirl,

are you feeling any better? don't go to the gym tonight la... get some more rest la... I used to go to 24 Fitness, but that place is getting so packed, I can't believe I had to wait over 15 mins for the machine last time... pissed me off!!!

so, do you know everybody here? like SS and honeykoo? have you all met in person before?

• no, not yet, we only chat in here....

sigh...i won't go tonite la...i'll go on sat.

my co worker just gave me a free pass for 2 weeks.

about the 24 fitness...that's why i don't go there...it's too crowded....

so i'm thinking to go this one... (fitness west) but have to pay extra lor.

yea..i feel better today..

• ahna,

oh i see. good luck for you then! remember not to tell the interviewer you planned to get married here. then i think it should be fine. :)

bluegirl,

oh yes, you were sick yesterday. you should go there a few days later la.

yogi,

haha i haven't met anyone from here before. just came to 'blow water' here. :P

• how long have you all been in the US?

for me, it will be 20 years in March...

• yogi,

i havent been here for long. just 8 months now.

so i'm just trying to begin a new life here. cuz before i couldn't do anything here as i had to apply for the adjustment of status. and it took such a long time...

• btw... 20 years is a long time. how do you find the life in SF?

• SS,

Thanks for your concern and my lawyer also said that to me.

• ahna,

oh it's good that you hired a lawyer. well we didnt do that before, just filed the application by ourselves. but cuz it's the 2nd time ( i applied to come here to get married by k-1 visa, then AOS here), so it's similar to me.

anyways good luck!

• Good morning ladies~

SS,

I came here when I was 13, grew up in Marin County, moved to SF after high school, then moved to the East Bay after I got married... now still living in the East Bay so I can be closer to my son.

So, how do you like SJ compares to HK? I bet it's a huge difference, huh?

• morning...

• bluegirl,

仲 morning? afternoon la.... hahaha...

• hi ! haha yes... it's afternoon now...

yogi,

oh it's good that you came to the US since you were young. it's easier to adapt to the new life.

Yes San Jose is very different from HK. you can say, HK is more convenient for shopping and dining. but it's too crowded and the weather is sooooo humid. in here, the life is more relaxing and there's more living space. but sometimes i really think it's incovenient. as least i can't take public transport to everywhere i want. thats the biggest difference.

• i bought a burrito for lunch...

it has rice, cheese, salsa, lettuce,

sour cream...bean....tomato...

....many things..

i cut it a half..and save one for tomo...haha...

• hello everyone.

I just had my lunch too. i had my leftover, "fish head with napa soup"