Swiss travel in August

• Planning a 14-day trip to Swiss in August. Have no clue of how to plan! Anyone can give me some suggestion? Thanks!

• will all 14 days be for vacation, or part work part play?

Any preferences, eg, sports oriented, arts, music, trendy, "want to be seen""...etc

• LV

Long time no see!

Swiss vacation!? I am soooooo jealous! lol

• visit snow mountain is a must! :)

• all 14 days for vacation. want to see beautiful sencery. Heard that First Bachalpsee is a must to go? Found that Montrenx, Lausanne, Lavaux and Vevey are all beautiful places where I'd love to go. :)

• Actually, I've been to Zurich and Luzern twice but both of the trips were joined tour. And so, this time wanted to explore more by ourselves. :)

• hihi centralol, have u been to swiss before? any good recommendation for me? lol

• long_vacation replied at 2014-06-05 2:09 pm

---------------------------------------------------------------

hihi centralol, have u been to swiss before? any good recommendation for me? lol

===============================================================

Only once! I think more than 10 years ago.

I think one of the best ways to look for info should be trip advisor! It's v helpful indeed!

And, I suggest you install this app before you depart HK. It helps me to look for nice food & sightseeing spots easily!

• if you are into scenery, I would suggest Bernese Oberland and sail down the clear blue lakes of Thun and Brienz and delight in the picturesque villages of richly decorated chalets and guest houses.

Join that with a train journey from Zug to visit the scenic mountains

How can you miss Lugano, to get a feel of the Italian side of Swizterland

• Don't forget THE The town of Montreux which nestles in a sheltered Lake Geneva bay. In August you would missed the Jazz festival, rather a pity really.

• travel_agent replied at 2014-06-05 2:31 pm

Don't forget THE The town of Montreux which nestles in a sheltered Lake Geneva bay. In August you would missed the Jazz festival, rather a pity really.

Yes, Montreux is great and it's already put in my itinerary. :) When will be the Jass festival then?

• The jazz festival takes place between June/July

• This year 2014 it will be July 4th - 19th

• centralol replied at 2014-06-05 2:24 pm

long_vacation replied at 2014-06-05 2:09 pm

hihi centralol, have u been to swiss before? any good recommendation for me? lol

Only once! I think more than 10 years ago.

I think one of the best ways to look for info should be trip advisor! It's v helpful indeed!

And, I suggest you install this app before you depart HK. It helps me to look for nice food & sightseeing spots easily!

It's still a preliminary stage. I'd look for more info in diff ways. And for sure i'd dl the app in my mobile b4 going. no worries. :)

• travel_agent replied at 2014-06-05 2:44 pm

This year 2014 it will be July 4th - 19th

oic, it's a pity that i could give it a miss this time. :(

• Switzerland is very expensive, personally I would just day trip to the various places and sleep & eat in Italy or France instead. After all you have 2 weeks of free time.....and the food is surely better in the latter.

• Agree, I'd love to travel as u suggested if I'm familar with those cities. But it's really not easy for me to plan day trip to various places in Swiss and sleep & eat in Italy or France u know. Or ...ummm... u can provide me the itineary? LOL

• Don't be so lazy lol, half the fun is finding out and planning the trip. This way when you are actually in the various cities and sites, you will already be well acquainted with most of the information and won't feel so helpless^^

• travel_agent replied at 2014-06-05 2:59 pm

Don't be so lazy lol, half the fun is finding out and planning the trip. This way when you are actually in the various cities and sites, you will already be well acquainted with most of the information and won't feel so helpless^^

Yeah, that's true if I have plenty of time to plan my trip. but....................... for sure with your great help, my trip will be more frutiful. LOL

• You still have 2 months of planning. 10 minutes per day of online search and requesting for information from the tourist authorities won't kill you lol.

Of course you can always go to a travel agent and pay to have everything arranged for you......but it just won't be the same ;-P

• Yes, I know. I don't join tour recently as I'd love to arrange the trip by myself. Can explore more of the cities. :)

• Start with a map and myswitzerland.com and go look look^^

• travel_agent replied at 2014-06-05 3:12 pm

Start with a map and myswitzerland.com and go look look^^

Have already visited that site :P BTW, any more website to recommend?

• Ever tried Lonely Planet, the books and website. It's always worked for me^^

• Yes, I always brought Lonely Planet with me when I travel. :)

• BTW, I start working on your suggested cities. They are all beautiful. Thanks for your recommendation anyway. :)

• then you are all set to go....explore

• yes, we plan to fly to Zurich and then leave from Geneva.

• long........time no see, just to say hi

lol

• hi karl, do I know you and centralol I wonder? how come both of you pump up and say long time no see to me. LOL

• typo popped up

• oh no.....u forget me la......we chatted in the CU people thread, remember? T_T

• And I chatted with both of you at "I give up" thread! LOL

• karl replied at 2014-06-05 4:01 pm

oh no.....u forget me la......we chatted in the CU people thread, remember? T_T

Oh, are u the karl in the CU people thread? I thought he has gone with the wind long time ago. Not? LOL

• centralol replied at 2014-06-05 4:08 pm

And I chatted with both of you at "I give up" thread! LOL

well, I wonder if I chatted with u in the "I give up" thread? I don't think so, hum........

• long_vacation replied at 2014-06-05 4:09 pm

karl replied at 2014-06-05 4:01 pm

oh no.....u forget me la......we chatted in the CU people thread, remember? T_T

Oh, are u the karl in the CU people thread? I thought he has gone with the wind long time ago. Not? LOL

sorry....I'm to fat to be blown away by the wind.....