When one gets older, it's difficult to make new friends.

• People you meet are usually just very short term.  The friendship is fragile and can be ruined easily.    

• that's true

ppl get used to build walls around oneself...................

• and not willing to give as much as when we're younger.

When we grow older, we're more protective. There're more concerns hence it's not easy to share feeling with others. Even you share, it may not that deep. Besides, it takes two to tango. Even you are willing to establish a friendship, the other side may not feel the same.

• coz as u getting old, there's more u can lose, thus u have to protect them

• sigh~~~~~~~~~~~~

• or the friendship is not strong enough that can be ruined very easily.

• diamond replied at 2010-07-20 4:43 pm

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Besides, it takes two to tango. Even you are willing to establish a friendship, the other side may not feel the same.

=================================================================

All friendship are like this, this is independent of age

• i guess i only hv 4 friends that I'd consider good friens.

good friends = people i can trust and rely on.

And there're not many I can hang out frequently with. People have their own lifes and have different priorities.

• may i ask how o are you?

• diamond replied at 2010-07-20 4:53 pm

i guess i only hv 4 friends that I'd consider good friens.

good friends = people i can trust and rely on.

And there're not many I can hang out frequently with. People have their own lifes and have different priorities.

Especially after getter married, there are now goals in life.

• diamond, you don't have your own life and your own priorities?

• Alpha, yes I do. Yet still want to have some people to share life and hang out with.

Star, why? does it matter?

• before marry, i still had some friends but now, less and less.

• diamond,

nope, not a big issue, you said 'get older' so i like to know 'how old' when you hit the problem of making friend only.

• Diamond, what kind of people u are seeking to hang out with?

• Star, I'm in my mid 30's. You're getting less friends because most of your time is devoted to your family?

Sam, people who share similar interests.

• diamond replied at 2010-07-20 5:13 pm

Sam, people who share similar interests.

ic

Diamond, I am off duty now, if u are interested, please add me and see whether we have common interest or not:

[email protected]

• if you dont mind, let's chat here for the time being. I want to keep this thread alive.

• diamond,

quite yes.

i am in my mid 30 too.

are you looking for friends who you can hang out with?

• Star, yes. Friends whom I can watch movies with, dine out or drink with. Btw, do you have kid?

• diamond,

yes, kid steals my time and energy. haha.

what type of movie you like?

• Star, several of my friends who have kids told me that they sacrifice a lot of their hobbies and interests once they have got kids. I like most kinds of movies if they are with good story line and good acting. I'm just not that into cartoons and action. How about u?

• diamond,

to be honest, i hardly watch movie in the cinema nowaday. the reasons behind are stright, kid takes my time; good production is lesser; too many online movies can be watched; but the worst is i can't find a good companion.

good chat with you today, time flies and i gotta go.

catch you later.

• come on ! cheer up !

it's always two-ways channel !! depend how you treat yr frd

• Star, I'm very into movies and like to go to cinemas. I seldom watch DVD at home unless it's a very good movie and I wanna watch it again. I never watch any movie from internet :)

So, are u a working mom?

• May, as I said, it takes two to tango. I do treat my friends nice and I do also have a few very good friends. It's just that I need more friends which I can hang out frequently with.

• diamond replied at 2010-07-20 7:52 pm

Star, I'm very into movies and like to go to cinemas. I seldom watch DVD at home unless it's a very good movie and I wanna watch it again. I never watch any movie from internet :)

I like movies too. We may go together?

• Diamond,

I migrated to another country during my teenage and have relocated here for few years. Most of my friends are still staying in the other side of the world. Agree with you it's hard to make friends when we grows older. I would not consider people at work are real freinds as there is too much calculation and too much conflicts of interest. Of cousre I have made some friends here yet the friendship can never compare with those you made when you were younger.