Long Distance Love...

• I dunno how we can tolerate this...

so torturing...

anyone suffer like me?

• I don't think I can find another one...

I like him a lot..

but we're so far apart

• I hate to depress you but LongD relationships don't work. well that depends how far apart and how long you guys stay apart.

I severed mine long before my departure back home so I don't have to face the aftermath of being lonely and neglected.  Either he travels with me or I stay with him and you can't walk on the fence. Period.

• yes, I know for long, we have to find a solution.

but what we're facing now... we need to prepare at least 2 years living apart...

I'm having temper everday...I hate myself like this..and I know I'm giving him pressure and headache too...but it's really painful to being apart.

We met through the internet. We have to be patient in order to move things forward together..

• lady

Are you going through what HKongnese called "spaceman"? since both of you have a target in mind (2 years), it sort make things easier.  Wait what in the world am I talking about you met each other on the internet.

Have you actually met this person in real life?

• we knew each other through the internet, yea, we met already.

We had gone through some of the stuff together too. When his grandfather passed away, I went to the funeral with him too. I met most of his family. We're serious.

But on the other hand, I feel bad myself because I can't be that brave to introduce him to my family nor my friends...

I don't dare to tell anyone that we met through internet...

• lady,

I think older generations are more stuck up with the details of how and where people meet.  To me it makes no difference as long as the person has good characters and is faithful. 

That said, you don't have to tell anyone how you two meet cuz people are more concern where he/she works.  So if they don't ask you don't have to tell. You don't owe anyone any explanations because this is YOUR life not theirs. They have no business to pry.

As for your mood swing I can relate. I can picture how frustrated I would be when someone I love isn't around when I'm lonely. I can't tell you that whatever you're going through will eventually have a happy ending but I can assure you that if your feelings for him is as strong as his for you, 2 years is a decent test of time. Just becaus it doesn't work for me doesn't mean it won't work for others. You have to meet up with more friends and find more activities to balance your emotional diet. If courtship is impossible you have to improvise

• why 2 years, why don't u just fly over?

• thanks for your reply ...

maybe u're right...this is a test for you...

i always worry when i'm not with him, he might fall for someone else...

i know i shouldn't worry too much..if that's the case, i should just let go, right.

• jay,

there are something we need to achieve first in these two years...

well, of coz i can fly over...if i'm willing to give up my job and my life.. but, that won't make any good to our future..because we have plan.

• and u are afraid to tell people that u met on the net... is this even an issue?

• lady

although i dont believe in long d relationship myself, i have to tell you a case where my best buddy actually was involving one and he just got married last year, when the 2 were apart for more than 4 years with the connections of emails and phone calls. so please trust on him and yourself if you believe in fate.

it's no longer the 90's so dont worry about telling the truth of how u guys met.

• yes...lot of issues..

and i'm afraid too..

• Lady

I always knew you two had a plan so that's why I didn't bother to ask.  If you have come this far there is no going back.  But know this, we, women are made in a certain way, a way I'm not afraid to admit albeit some may disagree.  It is our nature to feel insecure about men but sometimes we are too proud to admit.  I am no exception. With all the infidelities Hollywood depicted in their motion pictures and all the rumors about spouses cheating on each other or even the rate of divorces as a result of a third party, our minds are shaped into a norm.

I wouldn't let these statistics brainwash me. If I were you I would take a leap of faith and TRUST. Iron sharpens iron and no relationship or marriage would last without a test of faith. Then longer the stronger .

• well lady, take action if u do feel insecure, screw whatever plans u guys have! for true love, u've to sacrifice

• andrew,

thanks for your support...

hope we can make it..

He does do lot of things to comfort me and give me hope...

I should trust him too

• thanks for all your advice...

I'll try my best with him and work things out...

and hopefully...we'll have a happy ending...