URGENT: about employment contract

• Dear all,

I would like to ask the following questions:

After I sign the employment contract for confirming the offer,

if I don't report duty at last minute, will I need to pay $$ to the NEW company for compensation??

Thanks for your help!!

• anyone knows?? Pls help with thanks!!

• It depends on the contract terms of the employment contract. But it usually says you need to give 1 day notice or payment in lieu of notice for terminating the employment during the first month.

• But how about I even do NOT report duty??

• No.

1) employment law states 1 day notice with in the first month of employment.

2) employers would not bother, most employment law protect the employee, since you've never started, they've no lost.

But to keep things nicely call the employer you've decided not to take the job so they can get another person.

We've had few people no show or just work half day / 1 day and go.

• Hi all,

May I ask a questions.

If there is NO big deal for not report duty after signing employment contract, why the "new" company often request to sign the employment contract first??

• Hi all,

May I ask a question.

If there is NO big deal for not report duty after signing employment contract, why the "new" company often request candidtate to sign the employment contract first??

• Because mostly assumps that the person wants the job and will attend.

Of course it would create more work for the employer to hire a new person, and get black listed.

• I would like to ask a similar question:

If the probation period is 3 months, is it counted from the first date of "report duty", not the date you signed contract before reporting duty??

• push push...

• push push... thx!!

• HR, you mentioned:

"employment law states 1 day notice with in the first month of employment."

so does that overide the individual contract? I mean can a emplyer request to get 2 weeks notice within the first month or first 3 month?

• I can't believe you opened a new thread asking the same question....

你個人真系差, 三翻四次去問 not report duty 有什麼後果, 你要是這麼擔心要倍錢, 何不通知 new employer 你決定不接受 offer.

祝你以後找不到新工!

• $$:

I think everyone has theiir own choice.

Maybe he/she gets more than one offer to choose, that's why he/she cannot decide.

I think if you were him/her, you will also have such dilemma.

The only thing you can do is sign all the employment contract (maybe).

Also, signing the employment contract "BEFORE" reporting duty is not a

MUST, but some companies want to do so, you cannot refuse....

login to reply

looks like your connection to she.com messageboard was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.