我已有左bb 6 weeks la, 預產期07年8月, 有冇人一樣呀?

• hello all,

my expected date is 21July, i am 11th wk pregnant now

after reading all the messages above, i understand that some of the mums-to-be here r not having a very peaceful pregnancy, however dont worry too much, this will not help the growth of bb, we should try our best to keep ourselves in a happy mood then bb will really feel it!!

even though some of us including me r not having great time, like vomiting, lost of appetite, but this will pass

i went to doctor last wk, n saw bb swimming very very actively with both legs kicking so fast and arms waving to us non stop, me n my hubby were super happy, n even how unpleasant n ill i experienced during those vomiting days...i feel happier now..

so girls, add oil n keep up our good works!!!

mya, western doctor also has some 安胎medicine, i was given with that coz i misscarriage last year, did your OG doctor gave u this? but in sydney, u will only see OG doctor during 10th wks, i am also from sydney but base in hk now

• hi all!..

我又係岩岩發現自己有左.

一路都想有個bb

但而家知道有左又好似唔識開心咁

好多野諗. 少少擔心

• 我今曰去咗廣華掛号,1月25日第一次檢查。

mocca,

thanks.西医無比安胎葯,佢話bleeding就好似D人作嘔一樣係Pregnancy syndromes 喎。

Alice,

我都一樣以前非常depress,但知道BB有心跳就好好多,所以你都唔好咁擔心。

• HI All,

I am not sure how many weeks I am pregnant since my appointment date will be on Jan 6th with Tsan Yuk in Western District of HK Island. I think from my calculation, I am approx 6 weeks pregnant : )

Don't worry Lo Lo, I am 36 year old now and I just gave birth to my first daughter in January (another one coming in August 2007 when I am 37!!) Age doesn't matter as long as you are healthy yourself. I did prenatal Yoga during my last pregnancy and I had no problem in the whole process of pregnancy (no swollen feet or vein problem or diabetes). So don't worry about getting adctive if you were an active person before you get pregnant and keep it that way. Being active wil definately help in pregnancy (less risk in losing balance or poor blood circulation). I have lower back pain and it help in doing yoga.

Take care you all!!!

gowgowgow

• mya, so u r in hk now?

for my first consultation with my OG doctor which was 5th wk, he gave me 安胎葯 due to my past experience, he said this may help me if my last miscarriage was due to hormonal problem, actually..b4 i had that 安胎葯, i felt super tired n sleepy around 3-4pm, after i had that..i felt much better, so i could have hormonal problem b4, this 安胎葯 is actually one kind of hormone pills, u can either take the tablet or put it in ur virgina. i have asked one of the OG doctors in my clinic b4 i am pregnant if it is necessary to take chinese medicine to 安胎, since i went to a chinese doctor to keep up my body after i miscarriaged for 3-4 mths, n she suggested me to 安胎 if i fall pregnant again, i felt a bit hesitate after i read an article about a pregnant lady took chinese med n bb got posioned...my OG doctor said, if u need to 安胎, western med also can help, she does not suggested patients to take chinese med since the control of chinese med may not be very strict,

but i knew the culture in hk, pp tend to go to chinese doctors a lot too, may be go to university chinese medicine clinic could be safer, i have also heard that many imported herbs from china r 唔純, so if you go to university clinic, i guess this would be better, i was recommended by my friend to visit a doctor at Baptist University clinic once, their herbs r really in good quality and their measurements r in grams, so i guess is more precise and accurate, but it was very hard to book that doctor, thats y i gave up..hehe..

so may be girls here like to visit chinese doctors may go to university clinics to be safe.

anyway..the first thing should check with your OG doctor first, thats the best coz we r not doctors, so the best thing is to consult doctor asap !!

gowgowgow,

u did pre-natal yoga as well?

i was doing yoga b4 i was pregnant, but then i stopped

actually the place i went to they also has pre-natal yoga..i am very very interested too, but i miscarriaged b4..so i feel a bit hesitate this time to do yoga even during the future 2nd stage of pregnancy..which should be more stable, i have very serious back pain now..n many friends said if i have back pain so early, i will be in more trouble later on..this made me a bit scared though

• hi, mocca,

I'm in HK. It's AY in Sydney.

Yes, I do worry too much Chinese medicine may not be good. Actually, I have visit another one Chinese doctor but I haven't consume the presribed medicine. As I have no confidence with the prescription, it has something that my last doctor warned me not to take. Actually, my situation is getting better. I will stop the herbal tea.

I am same as you that I have miscarraged once. But, the western doctor only said we cannot do anything in my case. The bleeding like nausea, just a syndromes of pregnancy. So, it's quite helpless.

• oh mya, sorry i mixed up u with AY,

if doctor said nothing much u can do, n u r getting better, take it easy, n enjoy ur new year eve!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all mums-to-be here!

AY, my muminlaw once told me "長春" chinese clinic at china town is quite good, their herbs r a bit more expensive but their quality is good, my grandma also go there

• HI MOcca,

In your case, I would not risk it in first trimester. however if you feel more stble and confident then you might try dong yoga in second trimester.

As for my serious back pain. I can tell you that it hurts so much that last time during my duahgter's delivery that even the epidural could not block the pain. So I did not feel the normal "delivery pain" but my back pain during the whole delivery!!!! It hurts a lot!!! (However seeing my first born baby now, makes me want to do it again that's why I am having another one and is willing to go through the pain again.)

Anyways, Happy New Year to all and SAFE pregnancy!!!!

gowgowgow

• dear all,

Welcome all mums-to-be n bbs to 2007!

all the best to everyone here!

i guess most mums-to-be will do Oscar test very soon, i have booked 9thJan to do that and blood test as well, this is 度頸皮 in chinese, this is the first test of Down Syndrome 唐氏綜合症, since 抽羊水 has some risk, this Oscar test will help to identify if the bb is affected by down syndrome, the nurse at my clinic said i have to do this test before 13th wk, n this test is just like normal ultrasound scan we did during consultation, my friend in sydney, her doctor said had to do it after 12thwk n didnt say when is the deadline..so sydney n hk r quite different though

AY, have u visited your OG doctor yet? i have heard from my friend that OG doctors r very very busy in sydney, they will check out if they r free on ur expected day first then arrange an appointment to see u, first consultation is 10th wk, days before that you will go to GP only, n my friend already booked the hospital when she called up the OG doctor around 6th wk, so hospitals r very very busy too!! have u done anything like that?

PS. anyone minds that this page became english dominated in a sudden, i love to read chinese messages n i find it very 親切, only that i dont know how to type chinese, i had to cut n paste from dictionary, hehe

• gowgowgow,

which yoga place u go to?

yes..i dont think i will do any sports during the first stage

oh my god..ur back pain sounded very very serious,

dear all,

another friend of mine just delivered to a boy on christmas day! she did 無痛分娩 in sydney st george private hospital, she had quite a rough time, coz she had 陣痛 2 days b4(not too serious n she could still went out for dinner etc), but that was very irregular, hospital asked her to go to hospital when 陣痛 happens every 5min, n then she was in hospital on 24th 11am, n then went in delivery room around 6pm, n delivered bb just past 12am, so the process seems very long! n at last she used up all her energy n ended up bb was 吸 out, n many people said 無痛分娩 is very hard to push bb out....

any mums-to-be here thought about delivery method?

• Hi All,

I am back. Last wk i took a wk off as my company was closed for Christmas. Therefore I didn't log to internet & had a rest at home.

Mya,

I am doing well. But I feel more tired & having nausea. My brownish blood is kind of stopped already. I find that having 雞湯 is pretty good for me. At least my brownish blood is stopped.

• Mocca,

The chinese doctor that I went was at 中華. But I didn't think that he is good. Anyway, my mum also said to me that not to have 阿膠. Just drink milk & get more rest.

I got a referral for O&G doctor and met her before wk 10 due to my brownish blood bleeding. Now I need to book an appointment for O&G again in my wk 10 or so.

I am in wk 8 now. My O&G doctor told me that I need to book the test in my wk 12, the blood test is 1 wk before.

So I don't need to book for the test of 唐氏綜合症

mocca, it seemed that you are now in wk 10/11 now? Am I correct?

• Hello各位

我星期五CHECK到有左

想同各位交流下

請問廣華星期六有無得看的?

• AY, oh good to hear that chicken soup helped u, last time after i miscarriaged, my 99 "done" chicken soup for me, she used 1 chicken WITHOUT adding any water, then "done" will end up having 1 large bowl of pure chicken soup, the taste is very very good n soup is clear..she told me thats the essence of chicken

the test you booked in wk12 is the one for 唐氏綜合症, my friend in sydney told me, her OG doctor said the Oscar test in wk12 will tell u 75% accuracy, then the blood test u booked 1 wk earlier will tell u 15% accuracy, n will added up to 90%

yes i am wk 10/11 now, my friend in sydney is the same wk as me too

which hospital did you booked?

i like Martha's a lot coz i visited a few friends there, n my friend also booked Martha's too

• feifeiwong,

just saw u opened another topic said that u vomit very badly

when i was wk7, i vomited very seriously too..like what u said, wanted to vomit when u see or smell any food, i was like that for 10days, vomited "wong tam water" too, n feel dizzy..n no energy to walk..even i took those medicine doctor gave me, no use too,

then i went to see doctor, doctor comforted me..i actually cried..coz it was a very very hard time for me..stayed home on bed couldnt do anything, doctor said..this serious symptoms mean ur bb is growing good inside, so u will have such serious reactions, n my bb size grew 3times in 1wk at that moment, n she gave me an injection, will stop the vomiting feel in 8hours, n then u can eat n sleep better, then have to take medicine regularly to avoid vomit.

2wks later, i have check up again, doctor asked if i vomit anymore, i said a bit but not so serious, doctor said good sign!!! then i saw bb swimming inside me la

so feifei, i wish u feel better now coz u may worry if bb is having enough food or not when u r not eating or vomiting, but is ok, dont force urself to eat, u will vomit more,

try to eat solid food like harder bread, dont eat with too much drink or fluid, will make u vomit too,

imagine, bb is only a few cm large, how much food u need to feed ...may be one piece of rice already enough for bb..even u r not eating, u have reserve in ur body as well, so dont worry, so dont force urself to eat. this is exactly what my doctor told me, n later on, my husband will comfort me too when i have vomiting feel or dizzy feel, becoz bb is growing very good inside, which will give u more encouragement!!

• hi, AY,

Glad to hear from you. 我都係成日作嘔,�p過返工会好D,可以分散咗D注意力,但係好似乜興趣都無哂!我都驚depress,覺得D曰子好難矣。好彩可以係到同大家share。

mocca,

其實我都唔識打中文,要用手寫板,所以好慢。

你哋係腰有無粗到?我平時返工的褲著唔到lu。

• HI all,

Mocca, I had my prenatal yoga class in Canada. There are a lot of these classes there : ) its nice meeting with other pregnant mommies to be.

I am really anxious about the checkup apointment this Saturday. Hopefully I will get an Oscar testing soon (since I am over 36 year old) to make sure everything is alright. However, I am not happy about the fact that I feel nausea all the time and that I purposely come back to HK to eat the delicious food!!!

As for me, I am currnently wearing the jeans that has waist 30 inches. I know that I will have to change to wearing looser clothes soon enough. As this is my second child, my skin gets looser and my tummy is much bigger than when I was pregnant with my first daughter.

That's it for now.. Talk to you guys later!!

gowgowgow

• HI All,

Do you need to wear bigger size of pants or skirts now? I am still lucky that I still can wear my jeans, pants & skirts to work. Aiya, I just bought some new cloths from HK in June. I really want to wear them before I am getting bigger. But my tummy is getting bigger now........

By the way, I have the same experience with you all. Having nausea is not a good experience. Like on Mon, I had 3 times vomiting. Each time was happened after meal 1-2 hrs later. But after vomiting, my stomach feel better.

I found that some of the food I can't have it now, such as salad. I need to have hot food stuff.

The worst thing for me is 油煙味. Every time if I pass through the restaurant or someone is frying fish, I feel sick immediately. Do you all have the same feeling?

• moca,

It is good that you have friend have the similar timing with you. For my case, I am a bit of difficult. Since we are going to US in March/April, I will go to Royal Hospital for Women in Randwick until we leave. Then when we move to US, I am not sure where to go for the hospital for further checking. But my O&G doctor said to me that she will find one for me before I go.

By the way, I will have an appointment with the genetic counselling, as well as special blood test on 22 Jan.

• gowgowgow,

Thanks. 但前幾天(第7週), 個子宮忽然收縮咗幾下(好似經痛的感覺). 好擔心, 唔知個胎有無事??

• 好多人話2-3個月先見肚

唔知點解平時d褲都著唔到??

• LoLo,

我係第五周時都試過,半夜痛醒咗,要用枕頭long起條腰,等D血流返出哩先唔痛,医生話正常。唔駛擔心。

條腰真係粗得好快,hehe.....

• 我今日book 1/31係PWH做oscar。

• Hi All,

Did you tell your employer that you are pregnant yet? I still haven't told anyone except my parents, his parents and of course in this discussion forum.

Sometime, I really wanted to tell my friend my own situation. But i need to wait for 3 mths .........

• 係咪怕少氣?

• May,

唔係怕少氣, only want to make sure i am stable to carry the baby.

• 係咪怕小產? 我呢....剛剛m 無呢...好心急...本來想唔要...但係黎左這個討論區...見你地D留言...好sweet, 如果我bingo, 一定生bb 出黎

• 係咪怕小產? 我呢....剛剛m 無呢...好心急...本來想唔要...但係黎左這個討論區...見你地D留言...好sweet, 如果我bingo, 一定生bb 出黎

• 請問剛有BB會點?

• Lolo,

Don't worry too too much if its just a little bit of cranks (of course if you feel that its painful, the definately its somethnig you want to consult the doctor). I have a little bit of cranks sometimes these days too. I think its normal, if I am right.

However, no matter what, relax and take care of wahtever you do. I just moved to a new place to stay today and I am terribly tired today. I think I will survive after a good night sleep (I have brought my daughter to my mom's place so that I can sleep better tonight) : )

AY,

feel the same thing too. Whenever I went across those Chinese restaurant like porridge or noddle stalls. the 油煙味 just made me so sick I want to puke. Its really not a happy experience.

I want to ask a question, Do you guys eat shushi still?

gowgowgow

• gowgowgow,

Now, we can't have sushi & sashimi. 仲有all 生冷嘢唔可以食 such as soft drinks, my favourite, coke & coffee.

Let's list out the food that we can't eat:

1. coffee

2. Coke

3. Soft cheese

4. 生冷嘢 such as ice-cream, sushi & sashimi

5. Shell seafood such as prawn & crab

• Yes, 我怕小產. 剛剛bingo, you may have the following symptoms:

- headache

- tender breast

- missed period

- nausea

- 去小便多左

- 容易疲倦

You better to buy the pregnancy test to find out

• Sorry, typing mistake, The above message should be to May, It's me, AY

• Mya & gowgowgow,

Thanks for your kind note. I just been to doctor yesterday. Unfortunately, the doctor can't hear the heart beat of my bb (in 7 weeks) and the size of my bb is smaller than expected. Very sad & down to hear that ....... Doctor said that we can't do anything, it's all depends on the bb. Will see the progress in my next appointment (18 Jan). I'm in BAD mood since I heard that comments from doctor, very scare & down .......

Lo Lo

• LoLo

上次睇醫生佢都話我bb比預期細..

下星期. 即13/1會去覆診. 到時會照多次bb有冇成長... 我都好擔心. 所以呢輪都好depress..

醫生話我預產期23/8/07. 你地呢?

同埋我想問係咪照得多唔好. 老公都唔想我照咁密. (相隔2星期). 唔知係咪會影響個胎

• hi all!

many messages posted!!

i have the same reactions like most of u girls, i HATE 油煙味, even i think of chinese dishes like ordinary dinner at home..i want to vomit..so i tend to eat white rice first..then i will have little bit of those dishes in front of me, i love to have salad, sushi, western food or food without too much smell, try to avoid congee if u vomit a lot, coz too much liquid in ur food will cause vomiting, i will have california roll since there is not raw fish in it..n simulate my appetite

my doctor said i can still drink soft drink but i will avoid cold drinks

i once asked chinese doctor, what does she mean by 生冷嘢, coz i need to avoid even b4 i am pregnant, she said everything came out from fridge are considered as 生冷嘢,

my OG doctor said later on, he will limit my diet to less sweet food n drinks but is ok to have it now.

dear those who worries for their coming Oscar test, i am too

but one of my churchmate told me something i found very very reasonable,

if u want to think, y not think of good things, if u keep thinking of bad things, this will affect bb, no matter u think positive or negative side, there will be a chance to happen anyway, so y not think of positive? she said what u think will really affect how the bb will be, if u think of good things bb will be good too

i think of what she said..is quite true!! so i will think of positive things, i will now think of my bb is very cute n sweet instead of all those strange illnesses which r discussed in these days on news quite often like rabbit lips..etc..

May, one more thing made me suspected i am pregnant, is pimple!! haha

i dont have pimple normally, n i had lots of them very very early, last 2wk, i visited my doctor..he said i have lots of them too!

• alica,

唔好擔心la!

one of my friend told me last year, (she was in sydney when she was pregnant, so i suspect her first consultation was wk10) her OG doctor said the heart beat of bb is very slow, so u should be prepared that u will have high chance of miscarriage, so my friend n husband were both upset..n doctor asked them no need to tell ur parents u r pregnant..coz most likely..bb can not go on..n check up in 2wks time

then..they were super upset as they had been trying to have bb for 2years..

but 2wks later..heart beat ok!! n everything fine..just that bb didnt grow for the past 2wks, so doctor kept monitoring..n later..everything fine n normal..n now her bb is 9mths old la..borned on 8thMarch, so funny, is a boy but borned on women's day!

another story of my auntie, when she was 4-5mths doctor said her bb is too small, n then she ate n rest more, then later on..doctor said ur bb is too big! n she ended up having a 8lbs big bb

i understand that when we r pregnant we will have big pressure on ourselves!!! i also have too!! coz bb is inside me, but worrying wont help

so think positively first!!!

add oil ah!!!

u can talk to bb that u n bb r working hard as a team, both add oil la!!

dear all,

by the way, today is my husband 2nd wedding anniversary!!! we will go out for dinner, n we had the same thought, get each other a bb thing as our wedding anniversary present!!

• Hi Alice,

真係有緣, 我的預產期都係23/8/07. 你的bb都係7weeks, 但係你比我好, 因為你應該已聽到bb的心跳, 就算個size細少少都ok啦. 但係我的bb就仍未有心跳, size又唔達標, 真係好depress ...... 希望我的bb係未來兩星期會快高長大, 聽聽話話 ....... 我係好多年前試 過做人工流產, 唔想再有同樣的經歷, 好hurt!!!

• Thanks sisters...

LoLo

我都未聽倒心跳架~ may God bless us!

咁你幾時再去檢查? 我13/1

• 我之前登記咗東區醫院 - 15/1 (1st appointment).

私家醫生就係兩星期後 - 18/1再check.

你個醫生用什麼方法同你個bb check heart beat? 超聲波 or 經陰道check?? 有網友話7週要經陰道先check到?

我一路都無任何害喜的現像, 只係有時覺得唔開胃同疲倦, 你呢??

• LoLo, Alice, LY

哈, 見到你們真好, 你們的問題都係我的問題, 大家傾下。

我7 week 時因少病, 睇左普通西醫, 佢果度有得照 u/s, 心思思忍唔住照左, but 未有心跳, 很擔心, 要等到9 week 去婦科到再照, lee 個星期真的很難過。

我亦沒有害喜反應, 只有少少作悶, 想訓, 反而唔知是否正常?

你地係幾多 week?

• alice

我都係13/1 (9 week) 去檢查, 預產期是 8月16日, 希望大家可以快d聽到亞b的心跳。

• m2m - thanks for your share.

Alice - hope we can all hear the heart beat of our bb soon!!

• LY, m2m, Alice and LoLo,

Don't worry. I have the same experience. when I was 6W 2D, I have bleeding. The doctor cannot find both fetal pole and heart beat. It made me depressed.

I wait till I was 8wk and have another U/S. The heart beat was heard by Vaginal U/S.

Be patient. Worry is not help.

• LoLo & Alice,

According to my doctor, it is not necessary to hear the heart beat at wk 6 or 7. Some may already developed the heart beat but some may not. Therefore, some doctor will recommed to have ultrasound scan test to be done in wk 8.

For me, I am lucky that the heart beat was observed in wk 6.

Alice, don't worry about the ultrasound scan will harm your baby. It is absolutely safe to your baby. For me, I am in wk 9, already had3 ultrasound scan. Because I had brownish blood bleeding. My huband & I were so worried. Therefore, we need to have ultrasound scan to check whether I am ok. Now, I am wk 9, i think I should be ok.

Don't worry too much!!! Listen to music which can make you relax!!!!

• LY,

I think you are one of the lucky ones that you don't have any nausea. 我都係有時覺得唔開胃同疲倦.

Regarding the ultrasound scan test, it is really depend on individual case. Usually, it will start with pelvic ultrasound scan first. If it is not detected anything, it will have vaginal ultrasound scan.

For me, the first time was with both methods of ultrasound scan. Then the second time & the third time, only pelvic ultrasound was enough to check my condition. But varginal ultrasound can see more things in details.

• hello all,

seems like a lot of girls are worring about bb heartbeats, may God bless all of these girls and their bbs, i sincerely wish all bbs are growing healthy inside all of us and all mums-to-be will not worry too much and relax themselves more

during early pregnancy, is normal to feel tired, sleepy all the time, usually will not feel like to eat too, so just eat what u like..n eat less but more meals instead..dont force yourself to eat, you may eat very little each time, like half slice of bread n can not eat anymore, is ok, or may be have an apple,

check heartbeat..normally will just do US on your stomach..n u can see something flashing on the monitor. as some of the girls said..u may not be able to detect heart beat so early, rest more is the most important, if you feel sleepy, pls sleep, coz ur body is telling u is tired, need to sleep, n during early pregnancy, this is very very common as most of our energy were using for bb growth, so we will feel tired easily

is getting cold these few days, so dress warm everyone, we will be sick very very easily compare to other pp, so be careful, if some of you worry about going out pp will spread germs to u, wear a mask wil help too

i will go to do oscar test n blood test tomolo

• 很唔開心, 因為我剛剛流產, 個bb無咗!! 很慘 ..... 上星期六突然流血(啡色), 所以即刻去睇第二個醫生, 點知醫生一照陰道, 就話我個胎很有問題, 發育唔正常, 所以係今日就做咗人工流產. 真係好hurt, 試咗差不多兩年先bingo (係38歲高齡), 最初好似發夢, 點知唔夠8星期就要夢醒. 以為可以生隻"豬仔", 我諗依家無望啦 ......

• LY,

So sorry to hear your sad news!! Now you need to take care of yourself & 養好身子先

• mocca,

Wow you are having oscar test. I will have mine in 2 wks time. Now i feel very tired at work, it is just 10:30am......... Every night I told myself that I should go to sleep earlier. But at the end, I will go to bed at 11-ish..... For these past few days, when I went to bed, my stomach felt sick & I needed to throw out .