zzz ... zzz ...

• Bored in office as usual. If you have a hobby to share or ask, pls drop a note here.

(Photography, music, coffee, cooking, sports, politics, whatever....)

• I opt for coffee... do u like it?

• Music, cooking and tech. ;)

• I do like coffee but I am not that demanding. I did spend some effort to understand more about it. My conclusion is I am most comfortable at normal drinker level. I can make a decent cup but will not get too carried away like some enthusiast do....

• Music - Very into it. Used to be a gear junkie but not anymore. Love music or all sorts. Know more about classical than jazz. Canton than western.

As for cooking, I can only cook western. Chinese dishes are too hard and still learning.

• By the way, my coffee journey only lasted 3 days and fed up. Now I make my own coffee once in a while but will not drill too hard into it.

(In HK, many people claim to like coffee but actually full of shxt and like to mystify this hobby, which I cannot stand.)

• Bs, are you into gadgets?

Have you seen a carrot sharpener? Ingenious, lol.

• I do like gadgets in general.

I have no idea about carrot sharpener. Is it for cutting carrot? I was once trying to understand more about chef knife and cooking ware thou.

• hi obs

may i ask u question about Ebay?

• Hi Tether,

Long time no chat. Sure. :)

• a load of my cum

• hey wassup obs

yea, i clicked the 'buy it now' on an item from ebay, but i didnt completed the sale via paypal. does that meant i already purchased that item? coz ebay sent me an invoice that i purchased it.

thanks!

• Googe,

Not interested in your proposed topic. I am sure there are other threads more suitable for this. ;)

• I think it is 2 different issues.

If you click "buy it now" and confirmed again, you have commited to buy. Paypal is just one of the ways to settle the payment. Some buyer can choose to do a direct transfer/wire which is off the ebay system.

Thus, if you did receive an invoice, the seller is probably waiting for your payments to send the item out.

Hope this helps.

• obs

i dont think i did clicked ' confirm to purchase' though.

thanks anyways, it werent a huge purchase, just that i was a bit unhappy that the seller seem to twisted my arm.

• If you did not click to confirm, the seller should not be able to know about your clicking. I would suggest you just send PM to the seller thru ebay to clarify.

Ebayer are usually friendly. If this is a mis-click, it would probably be ok.

• obs

i did wrote to the seller's already.

anyways, it's not an big ticket item. i will buy it even if he wont entertain my explanation.

i bought a pair of tweeters. lol

• onlybs replied at 2014-08-13 4:36 pm

---------------------------------------------------------------

I do like gadgets in general.

I have no idea about carrot sharpener. Is it for cutting carrot? I was once trying to understand more about chef knife and cooking ware thou.

===============================================================

It's just a giant pencil sharpener, ridiculous really, lol.

• I see.

I have tons of trashes from ebay. Just today I bought a pair of tube amp.

For the tweeter you got, JBL? Was it you that told me before that you have a burnt tweeter?

• It's just a giant pencil sharpener, ridiculous really, lol.

===============================

Can be a smart toy to have. Imagine, turnips in thin slices. If fresh enough, just a bit of soya and wasabi is nice (jap style).

• obs

nah, it' for my klipsch belle, didnt blown my tweeters, just that i want to try on alnico tweeters.

u bought an tube amp's? vintage ones?

• obs

i bought and install vintage JBL alnico woofers though, it seem great judging by me subjectively. lol

• Oh, that's a EV T-35/K-77. (Yet, T-35 may have 16 ohm. While K-77 is always 8 ohm.)

The alnico one has a round end. I do have a spare pair too and match with EV SP12.

It is a nice tweeter but does not go as high and may need to add super tweeter.

This morning, I got a pair Healthkit UA2 (EL84 PP).

• k

carrot sharpener & giant pencil sharpener? hmmmmm.......u want to use that on your guy? wkakaa...........

• If I am not wrong, a direct replacement for K-33 15" is Jensen P15LL. Yet finding a pair may not be too easy. :)

• obs

alnico k33 seem impossible to find.

i bought the alnico k55v mid range tho

• Back in early days, Klipsch used Jensen drivers. 1st generation klispchorn uses P15LL but the crossover is slightly different (Type A). I would imagine, even now P15LL should be ok to sub.

For K55, if you search Klipsch forum, there is a university mid-range that can directly replace it. I forgot the number.

• obs

u have a spare pair of k77

o man i should be here earlier

the pair of k77 i bought are tested at 9ohm and 9.1ohm, is that ok? me not an electrical engineer. lol

• obs

my crossover is ab2

i am too lazy to search in klipsch forum. lol

• As long as it is K-77, it will be ok.

You will not regret swapping it with the rectangular one. Much more rich and detail. The drawback is it does sound a bit rolloff. You can consider adding a ribbon supertweeter.

All crossover is fine as long as the model matches. One thing you need to check is the oil cap. Value can change over time.

• Yeah, time to go. Cheers.

• obs

i will need to change the crossover if i added an super tweeter?

wow, u are an audiophile too huh? do u have those vintage fisher's amp or Western electric amps?

• onlybs replied at 2014-08-13 5:44 pm

---------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, time to go. Cheers.

===============================================================

Onlybs, are you calling me?? lol

btw, i have a food blender, besides making soup, what recipes to do with it?

• c

blender are lethal. be careful on how to use it. lol

• Good morning. Only boring day to start...

• Tether,

There is no need to modify the crossover. What you need is a .33/.45 capacitor, a 10 ohm volume control and some wire to connect directly to the tweeter terminal together with the original tweeter wires (parallel). Very easy. Most important is the choice of supertweeter. Only a few can match as most supertweeter is not as efficient. (eg. Fortex horn, Aurum Cantus G3, Fountek Neo 3.0)

No, I dont have fisher or western electric. For Fisher, it is not really outstanding and the model I like are integrated ones (101) but need to modify extensively to use.

As for WE, I am impressed with it but given it old age, condition and mostly importantly price, I don't think it is for me. Still cannot imagine people paying so much for trash like looking gears....

• Onlybs, are you calling me?? lol

btw, i have a food blender, besides making soup, what recipes to do with it?

==========================

Cheers! Yep calling you now.

Blender is one of the most underrated appliance. Yours is the submerge kind to put into soup pot? That is very good for making chinese style Pumpkin sweet soup. (Just boil pumpkin in water and add sugar and milk and mush it up to smooth stage. Yummy.)

I usually use blender to make juices. Once in a while I will use it to chop up peanuts to make satay sauce. Actually, blender can also help making congee. Blend a bit of rice before cooking and much time will be saved.

• obs

I have no complain on the HF on the klipsch. probably would add further HF extension if i put on an super tweeter.

The problem with Klipsch are on the LF range. Klipsch recommended it should be leaned against a wall and or wall with corner to enhance the bass, but i dont have a wall nor a corner to place it.

I dont own WE's nor Fisher's either, and yes WE's price are ridiculous, Fisher's prices seem to be much more reasonable .

• obs

fortex super tweeter should be quite efficient?

• onlybs , sorry for my late response!!!

I have used it to make sesame source, which smelled wonderful!!! you can try to make it ^^

"Blend a bit of rice "...but how is the taste texture of the congee!!

• Tether,

You may start complaining about the HF after you changed to alnico K77. Fostex is most efficient and is 105 db. (I only have the cheaper T90. T500 is much more smooth and with same loudness.) Yet, being so loud, you may need to tame it much. This is why I prefer G3 or Neo3 for matching Klipsch.

As for the LF, it is actually more about having none at under 50. Yet, it can be very punchy at mid low. I personally like to drive it with small output PP amp.

As for fisher, problem is I never like vintage pre which tend to be muddy. Plus, I dislike high power pure amp. Thus the only amp that fit my bill from fisher is 30A. Not easy to find a good condition pair and this config is very common in those days which I have a few already.

• "Blend a bit of rice "...but how is the taste texture of the congee!!

==========================

This make the congee more smooth. Like you have boil it for many hours.

Sesame sauce is indeed nice. I would imagine you fry the sesame seeds and then add oil, soya/salt, sugar and what else? Something acidic? Have recipe?

• onlybs, blend the raw rice or blend it after it boiled for awhile??

i only fried the sesame seeds in dry pan and adding nothing!! blended it when it was cooled down!! mixed with poaching veggie, yummy yummy!!

• obs

correct! LF none below 50. and true that mid bass are pretty good.

I am driving mine with reissued M9+M7 M9 are set in triode. sounded pretty ok to me.

me dont like high output tube amp's too, but i am driving my 3/5A with ss Cello amp's, sound good though.

• obs

i am looking for fisher 30a too. lol

• obs

the other super tweeters u recommended are ribbon type. you prefer ribbon?

• i only fried the sesame seeds in dry pan and adding nothing!! blended it when it was cooled down!! mixed with poaching veggie, yummy yummy!!

=================================

I see. Just to blend the heat up seeds may turn into paste? Need to add oil to liquidy it? No salty or sour stuff to add in before mixing with vege?

• correct! LF none below 50. and true that mid bass are pretty good.

I am driving mine with reissued M9+M7 M9 are set in triode. sounded pretty ok to me.

me dont like high output tube amp's too, but i am driving my 3/5A with ss Cello amp's, sound good though.

=========================================

Quite a legendary amp combo you have there. In a way, EL34 may not be the best match to klipsch. Since you use EL34, there is not much point to drill into EL84 as they have somewhat similar character. Maybe you can consider 6V6/6L6 pp for a change.

Yes, driving 3/5a with SS can make wonders. I drive mine with a parasound 200w ss amp while I am typing now.

I do like ribbon better for Klipsch. Personally, I like fountek over G3 thou it is 1 db less. G3 is not bad but the ribbon sound can be a bit too obvious for my liking.

• Cheers,

For the rice to be blended, I would just use cooked rice to lower the workload on the blade. Honestly, I think it will make no difference in the output once it is boiled for some time.

Another trick for congee is to soak raw rice in water thoroughly and then put into freezer. Once it becomes frozen, the rice texture will be broken down. You can make smooth congree from frozen raw rice to finish in less than 20 minutes.

• obs

thanks! people told me that the original M9+M7 are much better.

I was thinking of using SET 300B or 2A3, I guess u prefer PP rather than SET?

wow....u can listen to your 3/5A while at work? how lucky. :)