Mature Ladies C'mon In ;)

• Hi board, was just wondering whether anyone wants a talk with a tall, young guy who likes music, fine art and good wine? Add me on wechat: jacklondonwolf, line: seal6hk or skype: [email protected] if you are interested;) Looking forward to chat with you all!

• push!

• there's no need to open a new thread every day. this board doesn't have that many visitors. we've seen your post. if we're interested, we'd write.

what do you know about music, fine art, and good wine after all?

• Well I probably know less than you I suppose. I only have my favorite composer and conductor, played a fair bit of classical music myself, went to galleries all over the world, befriended a few visual artists and got certified for tasting. I suppose that's not much for you;)

And by the way...I believe in the power of advertisement, especially when we are talking about a meat market.

• you sound more interesting when you are in a conversation. i take that to mean that you need to work on your advertisement.

• And for your information...rhapsody in blue is my favorite piece of Gershwin, love that clarinet trill opening haha

• i'm hearing impaired so music is really beyond me. the good thing is i won't buy a stereo system that will cost me an arm and a leg.

• Sorry to know about that! Well...stereos can be cheap and good as long as you dare venturing into the mainland abyss of Taobao;)

• i think i made you uncomfortable. sorry.

tell me about the visual artists and their work, if you would.

• No worries:)

Well I am more of an impressionist so I prefer looking at works of Manet and Monet, but I love Holland artists as well haha. A few years back when The girl with a pearl earring (Johannes Vermeer) was on I actually flew to Tokyo just to look at it, a bit nuts I suppose. Didn't regret at all thought, just read that the home museum in Holland will never let in on loan again.

• it's perfectly normal to travel to see a piece of art. i once traveled to London for 3 days just to see an exhibition on the Egyptian Book of the Dead.

it's good chatting with you. i have to go now. good evening.

• Good evening to you as well! It is a nice chat;)

• Push!

• push!

• good day.

some say impressionist art is only good for decorating living rooms. what do you say about that?

• 咁文藝!

• 有興趣者,專家就應該唔係:)

• so you have nothing to say about impressionist art being merely living room decoration?

• Well to me art can be only art;)

• why do you like impressionist art the most then? why not renaissance? not post-modern? not even post-impressionist?

even you are just a casual observer and no expert, there must be something about impressionist art that captures you, so you don't think it's just interior decor. i am interested to know what that is. because frankly, impressionism is an unusual choice for a young guy. it's very much like ice wine to a wine connoisseur, in my humble opinion.

• rhapsody replied at 2014-07-24 10:05 am

---------------------------------------------------------------

why do you like impressionist art the most then? why not renaissance? not post-modern? not even post-impressionist?

even you are just a casual observer and no expert, there must be something about impressionist art that captures you, so you don't think it's just interior decor. i am interested to know what that is. because frankly, impressionism is an unusual choice for a young guy. it's very much like ice wine to a wine connoisseur, in my humble opinion.

===============================================================

咁鬼深既~

• I would say even though impressionists doesn't seem to have much technique, how they transform the real into the mystique is a marvelous mindwork;)

• mystique? impressionism is about capturing the here and now, the fleeting moment of light and shadow. never know there's anything mystique about it. it's really just pretty colours and shades.

since the invention of camera, impressionism is all but obsolete.

that, of course, is what i think, from the perspective of an amateur photographer.

• 99999999999999999999 replied at 2014-07-24 10:09 am

rhapsody replied at 2014-07-24 10:05 am

why do you like impressionist art the most then? why not renaissance? not post-modern? not even post-impressionist?

咁鬼深既~

對唔住. 版主話佢中意音樂, 美術同美酒, 我投其所好者. :P 你想傾咩我都可以陪你. 我興趣十分廣泛. 哈哈.

• I think why impressionism really matters is how their color use made the scenery and moment look veiled...isn't how shrouded the human mind is something mysterious?

• rhapsody replied at 2014-07-24 10:35 am

99999999999999999999 replied at 2014-07-24 10:09 am

rhapsody replied at 2014-07-24 10:05 am

咁鬼深既~

對唔住. 版主話佢中意音樂, 美術同美酒, 我投其所好者. :P 你想傾咩我都可以陪你. 我興趣十分廣泛. 哈哈.

我既嗜好相對比較粗俗架喎

• othello: with all due respect, i think you are reading too much into it. or maybe you haven't seen the nature, which is the source of all art, enough.

99999999999999999999: try me.

• try u, 好誘惑喎, 哈

睇戲食飯架咋

• I never think nature is the source of all art...without the human mind art would not have been there!

• othello: nature is the source of all artistic expression. the human mind only tries to capture and replicate what nature exhibits. well, this is true at least up to the post impressionist era in terms of fine art. the modern and post-modern era work has its work rooted more in the modern society, and the purpose of these work is not aesthetics.

mmm... i'm afraid you really need to read, see, and travel a bit more...

99999999999999999999, 我最近只睇左"變形金剛4". 作為變形金剛粉絲的我十分失望. 你睇左未? 有咩評語?

• transformer唔岩我, 雖然我係一個動作特技迷, 但要睇一班機械人打黎打去對眼真係應付唔到, 太多野要去睇, 好攰, 加上故事麻麻, 無興趣

• rhapsody replied at 2014-07-24 11:29 am

othello: nature is the source of all artistic expression. the human mind only tries to capture and replicate what nature exhibits. well, this is true at least up to the post impressionist era in terms of fine art. the modern and post-modern era work has its work rooted more in the modern society, and the purpose of these work is not aesthetics.

=============================================================

Couldn't agree with you more. :-)

Just wanted to let you know I enjoy reading your insights on art, pls keep sharing more your thoughts on various interests with us.

• I probably would defend myself from saying you are taking too much of a romantic approach in defining art. After all, even Renaissance paintings depicts human and the pre-modern city more than the nature. Do Michelangelo and Da Vinci base solely on nature in their artworks? True they are certain periods where nature is the predominant theme in art and literature, but even before impressionism the human effort is appreciated in many famous pieces. Despite being over-rated Mona Lisa and the last supper base themselves on human beings but not the nature.

I am always surprised on how HK people are influenced by the Romanticist even though this place doesn't give a crap on the nature much;)

• 99999999999999999999, 動作特技, 係咪 mission impossible? batman? 我都中意christopher nolan 的 batman trilogy, 雖然第3集有小小dum波鐘的感覺. 我最中意 bat gadgets, 尤其係 bat pod分出來個架電單車. 嘩,型爆! 好無聊. :P

• 係S版講文藝仲可以講到長篇大論, 真係服左你地

• othello: i see you just take a very narrow definition of nature, is all. i'm sure you as a human is natural, not artificial. so let me rephrase then. the real world is the source of all artistic expression. with all due respect, you should read and see the world more.

• 無錯, 係呢D, 簡單講動作特技即係飛車呀, 爆炸呀, 槍戰呀, 呢D炒埋一碟既片

c.nolan佢一改漫畫人物淨係打打殺殺既形象, 幾勁

我自己都有一架lego batman車, 又係可以拆架電單車出黎, 幾搞鬼

• and to set the record straight, i am not a romanticist. i am an existentialist.

despite my harsh critique of impressionist art, i think they are pleasant to the eyes. there's nothing wrong being a piece of interior decor -- there are living rooms, and there need to be decors.

renaissance art is something you go see in a gallery. don't think anyone would want the Last Supper in their living room. i won't.

• If human efforts are counted as the nature then the dichotomy most literary critics used becomes totally empty. That's what I can say at most;)

• 99999999999999999999 replied at 2014-07-24 11:42 am

無錯, 係呢D, 簡單講動作特技即係飛車呀, 爆炸呀, 槍戰呀, 呢D炒埋一碟既片

c.nolan佢一改漫畫人物淨係打打殺殺既形象, 幾勁

我自己都有一架lego batman車, 又係可以拆架電單車出黎, 幾搞鬼

你架 lego batman 車聽落好正喔! 我無見過... 我有本bat gadget 書, coffee table book 好大本. 至愛.

• Oh so you are an existentialist. Everything you said makes more sense then.

• Leah852 replied at 2014-07-24 11:36 am

rhapsody replied at 2014-07-24 11:29 am

othello: nature is the source of all artistic expression. the human mind only tries to capture and replicate what nature exhibits. well, this is true at least up to the post impressionist era in terms of fine art. the modern and post-modern era work has its work rooted more in the modern society, and the purpose of these work is not aesthetics.

=============================================================

Couldn't agree with you more. :-)

Just wanted to let you know I enjoy reading your insights on art, pls keep sharing more your thoughts on various interests with us.

thank you. you should also share some of yours with us.

• If I don't have any particular "knowledge" about the above topics, still interested to chat with me?

• Venice please feel free haha. After all these are all just nonsense chats.

• Where are you now? In office? I am bored here so came here to see if there is any nice topic. Found that she.com is going to die. Very quiet.

• 99999999999999999999 replied at 2014-07-24 11:55 am

https://hk.f1.page.auctions.yahoo.com/hk/auction/b28085026?actsrch=srp3

同呢架一樣, 不過無燈

正!!!!! 燈可以自己後加係咪啊? 有燈型D喔.

• 有燈的話要挖空中間, 即係唔可以收埋架電單車

• 99999999999999999999: 拍賣呢個又可以收埋電單車又著燈喔. 你搞到我好想投佢返來睇個仔細. 哈哈.

• 我無留意呀, 反正我個架無整燈

因為我會定期拆左佢再砌一次 :D